Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sixty Seconds

What is it that you fear most and what great thing is this fear preventing you from accomplishing?  You will not be able to be all that you are created to be until you can embrace your fear and determine its root cause.  Let me provide an example of what I’m talking about.

In the past I have felt that there was always something preventing me from giving 100% to every project which I have worked.  It seemed that it was easy for me to provide 80 to 85% of my effort but I could never go all out.  However, without sounding too arrogant, 80 to 85% of my effort is equal to the best that most can offer.  The problem is that 80 to 85% of my effort is no longer good enough for me and I wanted to determine what was holding me back.  Here is what I found.

I found that the reason I could not give 100% was due to my fear of failure and the emotions attached to this fear.  What I had to do was to separate my fear from my emotions.  In order to do this I had to look at each component separately.  What a wonderful experience!  I learned that my fear stemmed from emotions related to my childhood experiences of “not being good enough.”  This knowledge is truly life-changing.

I now know that what ever I attempt in the future will get 100% of my effort.  I know that I will be running “flat out” and that the world “ain’t seen nothing yet”. This knowledge brings to mind the words of the English poet Rudyard Kipling from the final verse of his famous poem entitled “If.”  The words are as follows:

……
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!

Are you looking for someone to provide you with a step by step guide to help you fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run?  If so, I suggest you attend my “Straight Talk about Success and Spiritual Growth” public seminar on May 15, in Houston, Texas.  In this seminar, we will discuss how to overcome the obstacles that stand in the way to having success in every facet of our life.    You will learn how to identify and nourish the spiritual part of your being that feeds the success mechanism which lies deep within you.

We will also provide a CD set via the Internet which will discuss in greater detail the information provided in this seminar.  For more information about the seminar and how to register, you may go to the following website: www.asapresents.com/Seminars.html.

No comments: